Ali Fazal is an Indian actor and model who works predominantly in Bollywood films. He has worked in many Bollywood and Hollywood projects so far but his popularity soared after playing role of Guddu Pandit in Web Series MIRZAPUR produced by Amazon prime. Ali Fazal was born on October 15th 1986 in Lucknow Uttar Pradesh India, to a Muslim middle class family. He made his debut with a short character in an English film The Other End of the Line in 2008.This article provides detailed information about the actor and his journey to stardom.
Ali Fazal:About the Actor
Ali Fazal is an accomplished actor who has done many Bollywood, Hollywood films TV shows and Web Series. Born on 15th October 1985 in Lucknow India to a middle class Muslim Family, Ali Fazal has appeared in many movies and TV shows since his debut in 2008, tasted success with 3 idiots and Fukrey.
Fazal caught the global attention after playing titular character in movie Victoria and Abdul opposite Judi Dench in 2017. His popularity increased many folds after playing the role of Guddu Pandit in Mirzapur web series. The series is one of the most watched Amazon Originals show in the world. Fazal has also appeared in American TV Series Bollywood Hero and blockbuster Fast & Furious franchise Furious7.
Ali Fazal Education and Career Breakthrough
- Ali Fazal has been a bright student as well as a sport enthusiast since his childhood days. His primary education were done in International Indian School Dammam,Saudi Arabia.
- After coming back to India, He studied at La Martiniere College Lucknow followed by Doon School Dehradun. At Doon School, he recognized his acting mettle and started participating in Theatres and plays. He joined Founder’s Day theatre production to improvise his acting skills.
- Further, Ali shifted to Mumbai, done graduation in Economics from St.Xavier’s college and fortunately got his first breakthrough as a small role in a romantic comedy movie The Other End of the Line in year 2008.
- In 2009 he appeared in an American TV series Bollywood Hero where he played character of Monty Singh.
- He got his Bollywood break in movie 3 idiots where he played character of Joy as a cameo appearance. The song give me some sunshine give me some rain picturized on him became rage and Ali became famous among youths and his acting career in Bollywood took a kick start.
- His proper launching was done in 2011 as Sam Khanna in movie Always Kabhi Kabhi produced by Red chilli productions owned by Shahrukh Khan.
- Later he appeared in many bollywood movies but has his share of successes and failures.
- Fukrey Prasthanam Sonali Cable Happy PHir Bhag jayegi are some of his notable movies.
- In 2017, he got to play the titular role of Abdul in movie Victoria and Abdul opposite Judi Dench that got him international recognition. Later the movie went on to win several prestigious awards.
- He also appeared in Furious7. 7th installment of blockbuster franchise Fast&Furious, Death on the Nile and Kandahar.
- His popularity soared after his character Guddu Pandit in web series Mirzapur.
- His latest release is Netflix’s Khufiya co-stars Tabu Wamiqa Gabbi and others.
Ali Fazal Wiki
- Full Name – Ali Fazal
- Nick Name – Ali
- Date of Birth – 15 Oct 1986
- Age – 37 years
- Birthplace – Lucknow Uttar Pradesh India.
- Zodiac Sign – Libra
- Alma meter – Doon School Dehradun India St. Xaviers college Mumbai
- Education – Graduation in Economics
- Religion – Islam
- Profession – Actor Model Social Media Influencer
- Famous roles – Guddu Pandit Joy and Zafar
- Current Address – Mumbai Maharashtra
- Nationality – Indian
- Language known – Hindi English Awadhi
- Favorite Actor – Shahrukh Khan Al Pacino
- Favorite Actress – Kajol
- Hobbies – Playing Basket Ball Horse riding Watching Formula 1 racing, Travelling and music enthusiast.
- Favorite Food – Chicken Biryani.
Ali Fazal Physical Stats
- Height – 180 cm or 5’11” inches.
- Weight – 72 Kgs. or 158 pounds.
- Chest – 40”
- Waist – 32”
- Eye Color – Dark Brown
- Hair Color- Black
Ali Fazal Family
- Parents- Mohd Rafique, Late Mrs. Uzma
- Siblings- none
- Spouse- Richa Chaddha (bollywood actress),married on 4th Oct. 2022.
- Children- None.
Ali Fazal Social Media
- Facebook- @Alifazalofficial
- Twitter(X)- @alifazal9
- Wikipedia- Ali_Fazal
Ali Fazal Net worth
- Net worth- approx 25 Crores INR as in 2022.
- Salary- 50-60 Lacs per movie
- Cars- BMW 3 Series GT Mercedes Benz GLE 250 D.
- 2 luxurious apartments in Mumbai, India.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ali Fazal
- Ali Fazal doesn’t smoke or drink.
- He used to be a professional basket ball player in his college days and won many college and university level titles.
- Ali fazal has done Pizza Hut and Micromax mobiles advertisements in his early days of career.
- Ali Fazal is hydrophobic.
- Ali Fazal has been continuously in to charitable deeds since very early days of career. He promoted Cancerthon to bring awareness about Cancer in 2015 and raised funds for treatment of underprivileged children and many more.
- In Nov 2020, Ali tweeted about his first salary of 8000 INR as a Call Centre executive and after the tweet, some other celebrities and twitter users also tweeted about their first salary and the work through they earned.
- The world of silver screen is incomplete without any controversy. In fact controversies bring the much needed attention about the artists or their projects, Ali Fazal too sparked some controversies in his career.
- In 2015, during release of movie Khamoshiyan, Ali said that his co-star Gurmeet Chaudhary is only known for his portrayal of Lord Rama in NDTV Ramayana and he has a larger fan following than his Co-star. Later it was proved to be a gimmick only to promote the movie.
- He also tweeted against current ruling party and faced the wrath of right wingers on social media.
Ali Fazal is an actor par excellence with handsome looks and dashing personality. His acting range is praiseworthy so are his charitable deeds. His journey to stardom has not been easy. His hard work has finally been paid off and now his fame is not only limited to Bollywood but also to Hollywood and doing many projects over there. Looking at his filmography, he has done movies in all genres including romance action comedy drama. Fukrey is my favorite movie of Ali Fazal. From sharing screen with Amir Khan in 3 Idiots to Vin Diesel in Furious 7, Ali has come a long way and with his next line up of release, Ali is not going to stop soon…….